Torture by in laws denying visitation rights.
I have a three month old child. My husband and in-law started with mental harassment and abuse during my pregnancy. Now they are demanding my entire salary and additional gold and money from my mother. I am currently at parent's place with baby and my in laws and husband have not bought even a single set of clothes and come empty handed and abuse me verbally demanding money. There are recorded threats of physical harassment and threats of killing me as well. What are my options to file for divorce? Can i deny my parents , in laws and sister in law the visitation rights?
Refuse to pay your monthly income to your in laws, in case if they demand of gold, money are made file case of 498 A against your husband and in laws. You can also file case of DV if you so desire . Claim compensation for mental torture undergone by you, also seek protection order against husband and in laws. You can file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty. However you cannot deny your husband visitation rights of the child, you can seek child custody.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Giving Maternity Leave and Benefit is compulsory in compnay
- Tenant sold the property without informing, encroaching on others now
- Wish to divorce my wife as i do not want to live with her
- Car Accident no one got hurt is my car compoundable
- Neighbour called city serve officer to measure my property what to do