quesTorture by in laws denying visitation rights.

I have a three month old child. My husband and in-law started with mental harassment and abuse during my pregnancy. Now they are demanding my entire salary and additional gold and money from my mother. I am currently at parent's place with baby and my in laws and husband have not bought even a single set of clothes and come empty handed and abuse me verbally demanding money. There are recorded threats of physical harassment and threats of killing me as well. What are my options to file for divorce? Can i deny my parents , in laws and sister in law the visitation rights?

  • ansRefuse to pay your monthly income to your in laws, in case if they demand of gold, money are made file case of 498 A against your husband and in laws. You can also file case of DV if you so desire . Claim compensation for mental torture undergone by you, also seek protection order against husband and in laws. You can file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty. However you cannot deny your husband visitation rights of the child, you can seek child custody.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My in laws and wife are giving me threat that they will file false case…
Hii.. 3year back I had applied for court marriage and registered a leaving relation letter…
Sir I am b-tech Counciling 1st year student i have family and financial problems how…
My sisters husband is harassing her mentally n verbally.she needs to get out.How can she…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly