Share in husband's inherited propertyafter divorce
I filed 498A against my husband who left me for another woman. My husband is really rich and I have a 2 year old son from him. When I filed the case he came down to a negotiation. He asked me to withdraw the case and give it to him in writing that me and my son have no claim or right in his property. He is also ready to give me an alimony.
Can the law provide me and my son's share in his inherited property?
You can file case under the DV Act for claiming your share in the residence/alternative accommodation,compensation for domestic violence,harassment etc,maintenance for self and your son and return of your jewellery,streedhan etc.
You have no right on his property, be it self acquired or ancestral. However, your son has a share on your husband's ancestral property.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Unauthorized construction of property next to my house
- Case had been registered under sec 7 & 8 of POSCO act what to do
- CGHS covered hospitals not available in my city. How to reimburse?
- statutory complaint return from Comd HQ stated not as per format
- Validity of verdict given by two courts