quesShare in husband's inherited propertyafter divorce

I filed 498A against my husband who left me for another woman. My husband is really rich and I have a 2 year old son from him. When I filed the case he came down to a negotiation. He asked me to withdraw the case and give it to him in writing that me and my son have no claim or right in his property. He is also ready to give me an alimony.

Can the law provide me and my son's share in his inherited property?

  • ansYou can file case under the DV Act for claiming your share in the residence/alternative accommodation,compensation for domestic violence,harassment etc,maintenance for self and your son and return of your jewellery,streedhan etc.

    You have no right on his property, be it self acquired or ancestral. However, your son has a share on your husband's ancestral property.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello All I was in a relationship with my girlfriend for last 5 years. I…

My brother is married for 2 years 8 mnths now...his wife after every six months…

Cheated by own uncle and got married, to an married with son, now after separation…
I m from Hindu religion. Myself n wife live separately for last one year in…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly