Share in husband's inherited propertyafter divorce

I filed 498A against my husband who left me for another woman. My husband is really rich and I have a 2 year old son from him. When I filed the case he came down to a negotiation. He asked me to withdraw the case and give it to him in writing that me and my son have no claim or right in his property. He is also ready to give me an alimony.

Can the law provide me and my son's share in his inherited property?

You can file case under the DV Act for claiming your share in the residence/alternative accommodation,compensation for domestic violence,harassment etc,maintenance for self and your son and return of your jewellery,streedhan etc.

You have no right on his property, be it self acquired or ancestral. However, your son has a share on your husband's ancestral property.