Parents supporting wife.Forceful marriage.How to get divorce from her?
I got married to a girl 6 years ago my family forced me to marry with. I love another girl who is now married. I am not in any kind of relation with my wife since marriage. She is not ready to get separated and my parents also support her.
I want to get Divorce from her anyhow. Please help me.
I empathize with your situation wherein you are married to a girl against your will and the one you love, is married to someone else.
The best way for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law.
Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:
Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.
Applying the above to your case, based on the facts mentioned by you, it seems unlikely that your wife will agree for Divorce through mutual consent.
Said this, we'll need more details from you to ascertain what grounds out of the ones mentioned above can be used to file a Divorce petition against your wife. What do you exactly mean when you say 'I am not in any kind of relation with my wife' ; Are you subjected to any kind of mental / physical cruelty by her, etc are among the many questions that we need the answers for before guding you with the way forward.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can the HRD ministry,Govt of India,be made a respondent in a PIL
- I received a legal notice, how can I know about the case
- Is a cheque bounce notice received via email even valid
- Reconstruction of ancestral house can brother claim after construction
- Procedure to get protection after love marriage