Parents supporting wife.Forceful marriage.How to get divorce from her?

I got married to a girl 6 years ago my family forced me to marry with. I love another girl who is now married. I am not in any kind of relation with my wife since marriage. She is not ready to get separated and my parents also support her.


I want to get Divorce from her anyhow. Please help me.



I empathize with your situation wherein you are married to a girl against your will and the one you love, is married to someone else.


The best way for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law.


Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:


Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.


Applying the above to your case, based on the facts mentioned by you, it seems unlikely that your wife will agree for Divorce through mutual consent.


Said this, we'll need more details from you to ascertain what grounds out of the ones mentioned above can be used to file a Divorce petition against your wife. What do you exactly mean when you say 'I am not in any kind of relation with my wife' ; Are you subjected to any kind of mental / physical cruelty by her, etc are among the many questions that we need the answers for before guding you with the way forward.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

we are staying separate for 3 years and paying maintenance every month, before separation kept all assets with her, still she is not ready to give div…

Read More

I am Ramesh 32 years old physically challenged person state govt employee. In 2016 April I married a girl if 16 years with willing of her parents and …

Read More

My husbands says no to bring me back to matrimonial home infront of judge.but i want to settle down..what if my husband wont ready...can he take divor…

Read More

I m NRI arranged married in India HINDU last year.The wife never came abroad.Have 3 mnths old baby. She staying with her own parents for the last 6 mn…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue