quesMarried by force. Wife living separately. How to divorce her?

I got married two years ago with a girl my family forced me to get married, but I love another girl. I have not accepted my wife in anyways and I haven't even touched her, and from last year she is staying with her parents.

I want a divorce from my wife but my family is not supporting me. I can't live with my wife and need a divorce. Please help me out.

• ansYour query seems to reflect the problem faced by a very large number of young Indians who are caught between traditional values and personal choices.  

The best alternative for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent on paying some permanent maintenance /alimony. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law to avoid case against you in CAW Cell / DV Act / 125 CRPC - maintenance.

Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:

Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.