Married by force. Wife living separately. How to divorce her?
I got married two years ago with a girl my family forced me to get married, but I love another girl. I have not accepted my wife in anyways and I haven't even touched her, and from last year she is staying with her parents.
I want a divorce from my wife but my family is not supporting me. I can't live with my wife and need a divorce. Please help me out.
Your query seems to reflect the problem faced by a very large number of young Indians who are caught between traditional values and personal choices.
The best alternative for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent on paying some permanent maintenance /alimony. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law to avoid case against you in CAW Cell / DV Act / 125 CRPC - maintenance.
Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:
Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- scared that my bhabhi will falsely accuse me and take legal action
- Confirmation Deed
- Loan taken from a person is dead. Two Groups are claiming the Money
- If I file for divorce mutually will I get the child custody?
- Husband not taking care of child and me how can i claim maintenance