quesMarried by force. Wife living separately. How to divorce her?

I got married two years ago with a girl my family forced me to get married, but I love another girl. I have not accepted my wife in anyways and I haven't even touched her, and from last year she is staying with her parents.


I want a divorce from my wife but my family is not supporting me. I can't live with my wife and need a divorce. Please help me out.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Your query seems to reflect the problem faced by a very large number of young Indians who are caught between traditional values and personal choices.  


      The best alternative for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent on paying some permanent maintenance /alimony. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law to avoid case against you in CAW Cell / DV Act / 125 CRPC - maintenance.


      Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:


      Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Myself and husband are living under the same roof. though he keeps on travelling. We…

    Last 1 year my wife is not staying with me.She has so many allegation against…

    Hi .. iam forced to get married to a girl on 26th may 2017under nepali…
    shadi ko 3 year ho chuke hai but suru se hi meri wife n muje…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly