×

quesLaw to direct my wife for counselling.

I am married for 5 year, I am facing lot of problems from my marriage since my wife is not willing to accept my parents, she wants to control my finance and isolating me from my parents. She went to police twice and gave complaint as dowry and domestic violence but she didn't file any case, she withdraw complaint after getting statement from me saying that my family members won't come to our home, I have bought flat on my wife name also in Bangalore. She is hyper tensed,she is threatening me always. Sometime she says that she will even kill herself to put my parents in jail. She is not willing to come for counselling also.

Is there any law act by which can I ask her to go through psychological counselling/treatment? If so could you please explain how to do?

• ansI suggest that, you visit a family counsellor to resolve your differences. The mistake you made was buying flat in your wife's name, you should have bought flat in your name or in joint names. Your wife needs psychiatrist treatment if she threatens to kill herself. She cannot restrain your parents from visiting you and staying with you for some days in an year.

Keep control of finances in your own hands only, in case the situation dosent improve file for divorce.