jurisdiction under which a couple file for divorce
Girl belong to city A, boy to city B, marriage in city C and mutual divorce filed in city a where girl is permanent resident. Family court judge wants to know how it is his jurisdiction.
In the all the place what you have stated A, B and C, all these three places have jurisdiction to file the case.
Whereas either party can choose any one of place out of the three places to file for divorce.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I claim money from my parents to complete my graduation
- What is the procedure for transferring property in fathers name
- Procedure to get refund of security deposit from landlord
- Security deposit still not refunded by landlord what to do.
- Contract clauses for corporate events