ivorce - how much alimony wife can claim?
My wife has left home 1.3 yrs back and we have requested her to come back but she does not want to come back and demanding 10 lacs of alimony. She was at our home for 4 yrs but she used to misbehave always with family members which was not acceptable and we use quarrel sometime but that too rare. Please advice if we go to court for divorce how much alimony she can demand, we have already sent her advocate notice to come back home and she replied with false allegations last month. My income : 11 lakhs per annum - net salary 70K per month (I am 30 yrs) Wife income : Zero (She is 26 yrs capable of working) Childs : No Kindly advice how alimony is calculated -Do i need to pay alimony even if she is asking for divorce without any major reason(she cannot prove dowry, or external affair or physical harrasment against us as she was treated well in our home with honour). Case is not yet filed only notices have been exchanged. Will judge consider that there is no major reason for divorce and refuse her to give Alimony? Can I show less salary so that she cannot demand more maintenance as i have borrowed some money from outside which i have return back?
Court will award her alimony at time of divorce. Amount to be awarded is at the discretion of the court. Wife will also demand interim maintenance pending hearing and final disposal of divorce petition. Your income must be reflected in your income tax returns filed by you. Hence, you can't suppress your income.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Sole proprietorship.
- Is property received by way of Gift Deed, Ancestral or Self acquired?
- what happens to property after death without heirs
- how can i file Separation from my married son
- Staying separate from husband. No divorce. Use what surname of child?