quesis divorce required for NRI if marriage not registered

I got married in India 7 years ago. Due to shortage of time, unknowingly my marriage was not registered. So, I don't have a marriage certificate. We are Australian Citizens now and according to Australian Law, because we dont have our marriage registered neither in India nor in Australia, we would not be considered as a married couple so we cant apply for a Divorce if we want to get separated. To avoid future complications both in India and Australia, is it mandatory to take a Divorce? Can we marry other people in future? Where would our case stand according to Indian Law?

• ansEven if your marriage is not registered you can apply for divorce in india at place wherein your marriage was solemnised or where you are staying after marriage, i.e. your matrimonial home. You can rely upon your marriage invitation card, wedding photographs for divorce in india and get a formal divorce decree for all future purposes.