is divorce required for NRI if marriage not registered
I got married in India 7 years ago. Due to shortage of time, unknowingly my marriage was not registered. So, I don't have a marriage certificate. We are Australian Citizens now and according to Australian Law, because we dont have our marriage registered neither in India nor in Australia, we would not be considered as a married couple so we cant apply for a Divorce if we want to get separated. To avoid future complications both in India and Australia, is it mandatory to take a Divorce? Can we marry other people in future? Where would our case stand according to Indian Law?
Even if your marriage is not registered you can apply for divorce in india at place wherein your marriage was solemnised or where you are staying after marriage, i.e. your matrimonial home. You can rely upon your marriage invitation card, wedding photographs for divorce in india and get a formal divorce decree for all future purposes.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Are there any penalty charges on takeover of overdraft facilitiy
- Delay in possession of flat how can I recover my loss
- My wife want alimony from me I want her back in my life what can i do
- Ad hoc Appointment
- Opposite party misplaced cheque asking to issue another is it safe