quesIn love with unmarried girl. Wife threatens to kill me. What can I do?

I got married to a girl 1 year ago on 6th feb 2013 and my family forced me to marry her. I love another girl who is not married. My wife knows abut my relationship and she is not ready to get separated and my parents also support her.

Sometimes my wife and her family threaten me by saying that they will destroy me or kill me. Since my marriage I lived with my wife for maximum of 50 days till date. She is not living in my home. 

I want to get Divorce from her anyhow. Please help me.

Yours is a tricky situation, as on one end, you have been 'forced' to marry a girl whom you are not compatible with and who is threatening & harassing you, and on the other hand you love another girl, and your affair is known to your wife. Moreover, the fact that your family supports your wife makes the situation all the more worse for you.

If you look at it neutrally, you and your wife are both legally wrong in your own respective ways. You are wrong as you are in an adulterous relation which accounts for infedility and your wife is wrong as she is harassing and threatening to kill you, which amounts to cruelty under the ambit of Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and is also a Criminal Offence.

There's something known as the 'first-mover-advantage' wherein the person acting first gets certain benefits and advantages and the person responding and clarifying to the allegations is on the back foot.

Hereby, we suggest that you act promptly and file a petition for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 on grounds of Cruelty - Section 13(1)(i-a) HMA. You may also want to apprise your family of the situation and tell them about the threats you are receiving to get support from them in your petition.

As an immediate security and safeguarding measure, you may also file a Police complaint against your Wife and her family for the threats that you and your family are getting from your Wife and her family to kill you. This will also be a good supporting document in your Divorce petition.