queshusband seeking divorce

Basically I am Indian christian by religion. I had arrange marriage before 11 years with a girl from the same community. But unfortunately after a few months we decided to take divorce which was executed by an agreement which was registered by notary.She has admitted this fact in several litigation. Now I have filed a suit for divorce declaration under 7(1) b of family court act. But now she dont want to co-operate me and want to harass me and had given an application in the said suit to cancel the suit on the ground that it is not as per the law. But judge rejected her application on the basis of providing enough opportunities to the petitioner to prove his case since he has also produced many evidences of customary divorce in his community. My question is it possible to obtain a divorce declaration under the above suit for christian??

  • ansDivorce by a mutual agreement without stamp of approval from court is not valid in the eyes of law. Only a court of law is empowered to grant divorce. So the agreement that you previously made with your wife is illegal.

    You have now applied for divorce and her request for dismissing your case has been rejected by court. The case will now be decided on merits in accordance with law whereby both parties will be called to prove their respective allegations.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

dear sir, i have facing a lot of torture from my wife and my family.…

I want advice on divorce case of my son who is in army. He got…

my bf is married and has two kids. his wife is ready for divorce but…

I have filed a Domestic Violence case and Maintenance case against my husband. It has…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly