quesHusband left me for another woman, What are my rights?

My husband declared that he is not going to support me and my 6 month old son and has left for another married woman.

How can I restore my legal rights?

• ansYou may file a case for maintenance against him seeking the amount which is commensurate with your needs. It is his inescapable obligation to provide financial support to you and his daughter.

You may also seek the right to stay in your matrimonial home.

Since he is having an extra marital affair with another woman you may file a case for adultery against him.

You can also file for divorce on the ground of adultery as infidelity vitiates the very base of a marital tie. You will need the assistance of a local lawyer to enforce all the above rights.