Husband left me for another woman, What are my rights?
My husband declared that he is not going to support me and my 6 month old son and has left for another married woman.
How can I restore my legal rights?
You may file a case for maintenance against him seeking the amount which is commensurate with your needs. It is his inescapable obligation to provide financial support to you and his daughter.
You may also seek the right to stay in your matrimonial home.
Since he is having an extra marital affair with another woman you may file a case for adultery against him.
You can also file for divorce on the ground of adultery as infidelity vitiates the very base of a marital tie. You will need the assistance of a local lawyer to enforce all the above rights.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how can i open a hookah parlor?
- Do i have share in my father's part of Hindu Undivided property?
- Brother filing for probate of Will siblings have no knowledge
- Can i get promotion if did another degree druing job?
- What is the procedure to enter into a legal agreement