Husband beats me and have a relationship. What to do?
I got married in 2014. At time of marriage my father has given money and gold, but after few days of marriage my in-laws started asking me for more money. They forced me to bring money from my parents and when when i refuse to do so they beat me and threaten to kill me and lately i come know that my husband has a relationship too and when i ask him to leave that women he beats me, verbally abuse me and threatens to kill me and recently he beat me brutally and and threw out from his house so i came to my parents house after that he never ever calls me and said he doesn't want to live with me. I want to file case against my in laws and husband. What can i do?
File a complaint under section 498A before the local police station against your husband / in laws and if police do not register or help then file complaint in court under section 200 Cr.pc.
Also file complaint under Domestic violence act and seek protection order
Also seek right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation and apply to seek maintenance and compensation.
Alongwith, you can also you can file for divorce on the grounds of cruelty, which include mental and physical cruelty.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we amend terms and condition under MOU once filed?
- Company Management threatening and torturing What action can I take
- Company over charging on notice period what can i do.
- Father sold his property to his minor grand son what can we do
- Registration of property by heirs - granddaughter's stake as heir