How to get my son's wife back to our home who left him?
My Daughter in law left our house and her 13 year old marriage because my son fails to come back home on time due to his work. My son is a Police Officer and runs an LIC Agency side by side and his busy schedule keeps him away from home a lot of times. My son and my daughter in law have 2 children.
Now my daughter in law has left our house and her father is protecting her and is blackmailing us that he’ll put a case on us for the same. I don’t want my son and daughter in law to separate.
What can I do to bring her back?
The option available to you is filing a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. Section 9 has been reproduced below for better understanding:
Restitution of conjugal rights.- When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.
Moreover, we suggest that a marriage counsellor will be able to help your son's marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife's family did not reveal the mental illness how to proceed divorce
- What is the procedure for divorce.
- Case filed against father and me for beating uncle how to close case
- FIR not registered by police what action can we take
- Documents required for marriage registration for a foreigner