quesdoes working women attain maintenance

My husband filed a divorce case in Sep 2010 n i filed Domestic violence in Jan 12 and joined job in feb 12 n left in oct 12. judgement was given to pay me 15000 rs on 25th oct12 but my husband got to know about my job n filed against judgement. now will i b able to get maintainence if i am a MBA?

• ansA working woman who has sufficient means of her own to maintain herself cannot obligate the husband to provide finances to her. Your husband has now filed for modification of the earlier court order by which you were granted a maintenance of Rs.15,000/- month.

If he can prove that you are suitably employed and earning sufficient amount for yourself then the court would recall its earlier order and absolve him from the liability to pay maintenance to you. It is thus imperative that you engage a good lawyer and fight your case.