does working women attain maintenance
My husband filed a divorce case in Sep 2010 n i filed Domestic violence in Jan 12 and joined job in feb 12 n left in oct 12. judgement was given to pay me 15000 rs on 25th oct12 but my husband got to know about my job n filed against judgement. now will i b able to get maintainence if i am a MBA?
A working woman who has sufficient means of her own to maintain herself cannot obligate the husband to provide finances to her. Your husband has now filed for modification of the earlier court order by which you were granted a maintenance of Rs.15,000/- month.
If he can prove that you are suitably employed and earning sufficient amount for yourself then the court would recall its earlier order and absolve him from the liability to pay maintenance to you. It is thus imperative that you engage a good lawyer and fight your case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- WS can be taken up on record even after 90 days is it legal
- Reported theft complaint of govt. documents now department harassing
- Division of Property jointly acquired by father and sons
- Wife not willing for give divorce how can I proceed
- Whether repayment of car loan can be done before the complete term