quesdoes working women attain maintenance

My husband filed a divorce case in Sep 2010 n i filed Domestic violence in Jan 12 and joined job in feb 12 n left in oct 12. judgement was given to pay me 15000 rs on 25th oct12 but my husband got to know about my job n filed against judgement. now will i b able to get maintainence if i am a MBA?

  • ansA working woman who has sufficient means of her own to maintain herself cannot obligate the husband to provide finances to her. Your husband has now filed for modification of the earlier court order by which you were granted a maintenance of Rs.15,000/- month.

    If he can prove that you are suitably employed and earning sufficient amount for yourself then the court would recall its earlier order and absolve him from the liability to pay maintenance to you. It is thus imperative that you engage a good lawyer and fight your case.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband filed a divorce case on the grounds of cruelty and court granted divorce…

m from chennai.i gt married on 28/5/2013 and my huband filed devorce on 9/9/2013..the case…

Married for 3 years. Now i want to live in relationship with someone else. What…
A woman without divorce forcely signed me on notary paper. Now she lodge an FIR…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly