Divorce from mentally unstable wife
Hi, I've been married for 5 months now. My wife has some major mental and health issues. She's been torturing me off and on. She went to the level of cutting her own wrist and breaking her own leg. She doesn't even let me meet my family. She demands for money off and on. She's not even ready to leave me. I want a divorce from her. What grounds can I file the divorce on?
A divorce petition can be filed on the basis of cruelty inflicted by her. You can also file divorce on the ground that she has major health issues and is mentally unstable. Support your case with sufficient documents to prove before the court.
Another important thing is that you will have to wait for a year before applying for divorce. You may then file for annulment of marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Compensation for termination of employees in private sector
- How can I protect my mother and grandmother form wife's case ?
- Bought a mortgaged land which bank wants to sell what can i do
- Dealer promised electricity and water but not providing what action
- Recovery agents harassing me for missing 1 EMI. Can i take any action?