quesDivorce from mentally unstable wife

Hi, I've been married for 5 months now. My wife has some major mental and health issues. She's been torturing me off and on. She went to the level of cutting her own wrist and breaking her own leg. She doesn't even let me meet my family. She demands for money off and on. She's not even ready to leave me. I want a divorce from her. What grounds can I file the divorce on?

  • ansA divorce petition can be filed on the basis of cruelty inflicted by her. You can also file divorce on the ground that she has major health issues and is mentally unstable. Support your case with sufficient documents to prove before the court.

    Another important thing is that you will have to wait for a year before applying for divorce. You may then file for annulment of marriage.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband is a millionaire, He and his family tortured me and threw me out…

My sister was pursuing studies(PHD) when she was married. Now she came to stay with…

My husband left me (2006) 10 years ago, along with 2 child,boy(now17) and girl(now16).The institution…
I and my wife file a mutual consent divorce, we also make 100Rs stamp paper…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly