×

quesDivorce from mentally unstable wife

Hi, I've been married for 5 months now. My wife has some major mental and health issues. She's been torturing me off and on. She went to the level of cutting her own wrist and breaking her own leg. She doesn't even let me meet my family. She demands for money off and on. She's not even ready to leave me. I want a divorce from her. What grounds can I file the divorce on?

• ansA divorce petition can be filed on the basis of cruelty inflicted by her. You can also file divorce on the ground that she has major health issues and is mentally unstable. Support your case with sufficient documents to prove before the court.

Another important thing is that you will have to wait for a year before applying for divorce. You may then file for annulment of marriage.