quesDivorce case in family court but lawyer is not doing his work properly

I live in California. This is regarding a lady I know of who works as house maid in Chennai and she has filed for divorce from her alcoholic husband. The case seems to be dragging in the family court and she feels her lawyer is not doing his duty properly. In the last hearing a few days back her lawyer didn't appear and she was not informed. She has also filed another case in the same court for interim maintenance. She is not even get to know the status of the cases.She wants to expedite the process and get quick settlement as she has to take care of two young kids. Please let me know the options for her.

• ansshe has to change the lawyer first. and she should be aware of the steps taken on both cases. if you need support let me know. i can assist her on divorce case and maintenance case. if any support require call me on my cell.

Advocate B. Sivasubramanian

West Tambaram, Chennai