quesDivorce case in family court but lawyer is not doing his work properly

I live in California. This is regarding a lady I know of who works as house maid in Chennai and she has filed for divorce from her alcoholic husband. The case seems to be dragging in the family court and she feels her lawyer is not doing his duty properly. In the last hearing a few days back her lawyer didn't appear and she was not informed. She has also filed another case in the same court for interim maintenance. She is not even get to know the status of the cases.She wants to expedite the process and get quick settlement as she has to take care of two young kids. Please let me know the options for her.

  • ansshe has to change the lawyer first. and she should be aware of the steps taken on both cases. if you need support let me know. i can assist her on divorce case and maintenance case. if any support require call me on my cell.

    Advocate B. Sivasubramanian

      West Tambaram, Chennai

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

How can an NRI couple married in India get Divorce by Mutual consent? My nephew…

Dear sir! I urgently seek your advice with regard to my sister's marital life.It's been…

One USA citizen has cheated one Indian girl in name of marriage.They have a child.…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly