can I get legal aid if I cannot afford a lawyer
I am trying to get separated from my husband because of so many issues, but he is not willing to get separated. And as I am a house wife and I belong to middle class family, at present i can't afford a lawyer for my case, but i have heard that there are LAC (legal aid centers) which are quite helpful to people who can't afford lawyer for their defense?
If you cannot afford legal fees you may contact district legal aid centre in family court. Yhey will help you in filing case for divorce. In Delhi, the name of such legal aid center is DLSA - Delhi Legal Services Authority.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- After divorce should I pay my husband 50% of kolkata flat?
- Can Aadhar card be used as DOB proof at the time of court marriage
- can i get a Government Job if i am penalized under IPC?
- My in laws are asking me to leave matrimonial house
- Clarification of Hindu Succession Act (Amendment) 2005