can a Hindu marry a Muslim girl without divorcing her Hindu wife?
can a Hindu boy marry a Muslim girl when he is already married. and if he converts to Muslim then can he marry muslim girl?
Sir , that is the weirdest thing anybody could ask . First of all , ur first marriage will not suo motto dissolve when u become Muslim . u can only remarry once u get decree of divorce from competent courts , regardless of the fact of ur converted into any religion
Advocate Anshul GuptaAjmeri Gate, Delhi
No Mr. There is long settled legal position prohibiting such practices. You may be liable for prosecution for offence of bigamy. You need to divorce your first wife. Conversion will not save you from your liability attached with the first marriage.
Advocate Rakesh ChaurasiaGreater Kailash- I, Delhi
No, definitely not. A Hindu man must be divorced before he can re-marry. Bigamy is prohibited in India . The second marriage will be void ab initio if the man is already married.
Even if he converts his religion, he will be required to divorce his Hindu wife first.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Delay in possession by the builder what are my legal rights
- Cheated by a Moving Company on Insurance of Goods
- Sister filed bigamy case against her husband how can we prove it
- Basics of contract for website development agency
- cheque bounce case, accused got stay order from High court.