quescan a Hindu marry a Muslim girl without divorcing her Hindu wife?

can a Hindu boy marry a Muslim girl when he is already married. and if he converts to Muslim then can he marry muslim girl?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansSir , that is the weirdest thing anybody could ask . First of all , ur first marriage will not suo motto dissolve when u become Muslim . u can only remarry once u get decree of divorce from competent courts , regardless of the fact of ur converted into any religion

      Advocate Anshul Gupta

        Ajmeri Gate, Delhi

    • ansNo Mr. There is long settled legal position prohibiting such practices. You may be liable for prosecution for offence of bigamy. You need to divorce your first wife. Conversion will not save you from your liability attached with the first marriage.

      Advocate Rakesh Chaurasia

        Greater Kailash- I, Delhi

    • ansNo, definitely not. A Hindu man must be divorced before he can re-marry. Bigamy is prohibited in India . The second marriage will be void ab initio if the man is already married.
      Even if he converts his religion, he will be required to divorce his Hindu wife first.

      Advocate Mishika Singh

        Lajpat Nagar 1, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I have been ordered exparte divorce decree on 25.08.17 As per HMA. When can i…

    As it is been decided that, we will go for mutual separation, whether I have…

    Hi team, first of all appreciate the initiative/idea that you coming through facebook that's helps…

    European lady, holder of foreign passport and PIO CARD , Home maker, married to Indian…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly