×

quesTheft illegal possession cognizable offence

hello wud like to know if theft and illegal possession is cognizable offence
For illegal / unauthorized construction. in which court distt court or high court one can go

• ansSir, the connection between theft and illegal possession on the one hand and illegal/unauthorised construction remains unclear. Kindly elaborate so that an appropriate response may be given. Theft is a cognisable offence otherwise. As for the court, jurisdiction in case of a criminal offence lies with the magistrate or sessions court depending on the gravity of the offence. the subject of unauthorised construction will most likely be heard by the high court if the property is in delhi

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansyou need to complaint to the police station of the area where illegal/unauthorized construction is taking place. if police is not taking any steps against the culprits forward the complaint to higher authority. after this you can approach to the area district court where the property is situated.
      beside if that property belong to some private person the owner shall file suit for possession

Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

• ansYou have to file suit for restraining such unauthorised construction and seek stay. You can file this before the Additional District Judge. In case you have complained to MCD but no action has been taken by them, then you can also file a Writ Petition before the High Court

Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

• Learn what are cognizable and non-cognizable offences and the difference between them with the help of this Indian Criminal Law Guide.