Theft illegal possession cognizable offence
hello wud like to know if theft and illegal possession is cognizable offence
For illegal / unauthorized construction. in which court distt court or high court one can go
Sir, the connection between theft and illegal possession on the one hand and illegal/unauthorised construction remains unclear. Kindly elaborate so that an appropriate response may be given. Theft is a cognisable offence otherwise. As for the court, jurisdiction in case of a criminal offence lies with the magistrate or sessions court depending on the gravity of the offence. the subject of unauthorised construction will most likely be heard by the high court if the property is in delhi
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
you need to complaint to the police station of the area where illegal/unauthorized construction is taking place. if police is not taking any steps against the culprits forward the complaint to higher authority. after this you can approach to the area district court where the property is situated.
beside if that property belong to some private person the owner shall file suit for possession
Advocate Yogesh Kumar VidyakarDistrict Court, Dwarka, Delhi
You have to file suit for restraining such unauthorised construction and seek stay. You can file this before the Additional District Judge. In case you have complained to MCD but no action has been taken by them, then you can also file a Writ Petition before the High Court
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Am I eligible for broad banding of disability pension
- Case against builder for not providing sale deed
- Flat sold without notice by owner there is no agreement with tenant
- Father died without making a Will how to transfer house to mother now
- If i buy flat or plot in India, how to save it from illegal occupancy?