quesTheft illegal possession cognizable offence

hello wud like to know if theft and illegal possession is cognizable offence
For illegal / unauthorized construction. in which court distt court or high court one can go

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansSir, the connection between theft and illegal possession on the one hand and illegal/unauthorised construction remains unclear. Kindly elaborate so that an appropriate response may be given. Theft is a cognisable offence otherwise. As for the court, jurisdiction in case of a criminal offence lies with the magistrate or sessions court depending on the gravity of the offence. the subject of unauthorised construction will most likely be heard by the high court if the property is in delhi

      Advocate Rajat Joseph

        Nizamuddin East, Delhi

    • ansyou need to complaint to the police station of the area where illegal/unauthorized construction is taking place. if police is not taking any steps against the culprits forward the complaint to higher authority. after this you can approach to the area district court where the property is situated.
      beside if that property belong to some private person the owner shall file suit for possession

      Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

        District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

    • ansYou have to file suit for restraining such unauthorised construction and seek stay. You can file this before the Additional District Judge. In case you have complained to MCD but no action has been taken by them, then you can also file a Writ Petition before the High Court

      Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

        Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

    • Learn what are cognizable and non-cognizable offences and the difference between them with the help of this Indian Criminal Law Guide.
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I had Case Registered against My Name Under IPC 420 and 468...can I have a…
    I was wrongly framed by police for visiting a brothel as a client. FIR was…
    My name is Ravi Shankar Banerjee, residence of Jhumri Telaiya, Dist.- Koderma, Jharkhand, I wish…
    Sir I have married june last year in a soecial marrige act. After three month…

    Criminal Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

      Greater Kailash 1
     Experience: 14 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly