Received summons and if i dont show warrant will be issued. What to do
I was a witness in a case under section 306 of IPC in jhalandar. I stay in delhi. I recently received summons from court to appear on a particular date and there is written if i do not show up warrant will be issued in my name. The person who was the prime witness and whose sister died due which the case is filed is now refusing to show up in court as he stays far off from jhalandar and can't travel there. Now as the accused's family is very powerful in jhalandar and are full of goons, there is risk for me to travel to jhalandar. What should i do now?
We suggest that you hire an advocate and appear before the court with him on the specified date. In case you see any potential threat or risk to your life, please report the same to the Police in writing.
You can apprise the concerned court by way of post or through pleader about apprehension of your safety and security. The court, if finds it genuine , will ensure the same .
Harpal SinghSatya Niketan, Delhi
If you do not appear on the summons of the court, inevitably after a date or two warrants will be issued against you. you may have to take services of a local lawyer there for cancellation of the warrants. you get in touch with a local lawyer in jalandhar who may be able to facilitate your appearance before the court. if you feel the threat, make a police complaint. influencing and threatening a witness can amount to cancellation of bail of the accused.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
We suggest that you hire advocate and appear before court with him on the date .
Advocate Sudershani RayKailash Hills, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 306 - Abetment of suicide
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to open a hookah bar
- Distribution of property by grandfather to sons and grandsons
- Can I file deceiving case and demand complete land from relatives
- Is it possible to compromise in an attempt to murder case.
- Uncle blackmailing and not doing equal division of property what to do