Received summons and if i dont show warrant will be issued. What to do

I was a witness in a case under section 306 of IPC in jhalandar. I stay in delhi. I recently received summons from court to appear on a particular date and there is written if i do not show up warrant will be issued in my name. The person who was the prime witness and whose sister died due which the case is filed is now refusing to show up in court as he stays far off from jhalandar and can't travel there. Now as the accused's family is very powerful in jhalandar and are full of goons, there is risk for me to travel to jhalandar. What should i do now?

We suggest that you hire an advocate and appear before the court with him on the specified date. In case you see any potential threat or risk to your life, please report the same to the Police in writing.

You can apprise the concerned court by way of post or through pleader about apprehension of your safety and security. The court, if finds it genuine , will ensure the same .

We suggest that you hire advocate and appear before court with him on the date .