Received summons and if i dont show warrant will be issued. What to do

I was a witness in a case under section 306 of IPC in jhalandar. I stay in delhi. I recently received summons from court to appear on a particular date and there is written if i do not show up warrant will be issued in my name. The person who was the prime witness and whose sister died due which the case is filed is now refusing to show up in court as he stays far off from jhalandar and can't travel there. Now as the accused's family is very powerful in jhalandar and are full of goons, there is risk for me to travel to jhalandar. What should i do now?

Answers (3)

470 votes

We suggest that you hire an advocate and appear before the court with him on the specified date. In case you see any potential threat or risk to your life, please report the same to the Police in writing.

282 votes

You can apprise the concerned court by way of post or through pleader about apprehension of your safety and security. The court, if finds it genuine , will ensure the same .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

310 votes

We suggest that you hire advocate and appear before court with him on the date .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles