harassment & defamation by the Secretary of unregistered society
I was the treasurer of the ex-committe. The present Secretary of our apartment's society is writing defamatory contents against me & the previous secretary to settle his personal scores. What steps can we legally take ?
You must lodge an FIR aginst them with local police in writing if the said cops do not take cognizance of the same then you can issue legal notice aginst them. Thereafter you can initiate criminal as well as civil action against the concerned person.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
Sir, You can file complaint to police directly but if they don't take action you can issue a legal notice and further you can file criminal private complaint for defamation as well as civil defamation and also can claim damages.
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Complained about violence by husband and in laws to police. No action.
- Offence under MRTP bailable or not
- Wife threatening to file false dowry case how to get divorce
- Undated cheque against loan can I file cheque bounce case
- Can I marry someone else without taking divorce?