quesharassment & defamation by the Secretary of unregistered society

I was the treasurer of the ex-committe. The present Secretary of our apartment's society is writing defamatory contents against me & the previous secretary to settle his personal scores. What steps can we legally take ?

  • ansYou must lodge an FIR aginst them with local police in writing if the said cops do not take cognizance of the same then you can issue legal notice aginst them. Thereafter you can initiate criminal as well as civil action against the concerned person.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansSir, You can file complaint to police directly but if they don't take action you can issue a legal notice and further you can file criminal private complaint for defamation as well as civil defamation and also can claim damages.

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Gave a surety for a person 3years back in criminal charges under section 354, 4people…
Mere jijaji ki zamin per ek ne qabza ker liya hai use hatane ki koshish…
I have purchased 6016 sq ft (as mentioned in the paper) at the expense of…

hi i am a certified financial adviser associated with angel broking i give speculative advise…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly