×

quesharassment & defamation by the Secretary of unregistered society

I was the treasurer of the ex-committe. The present Secretary of our apartment's society is writing defamatory contents against me & the previous secretary to settle his personal scores. What steps can we legally take ?

• ansYou must lodge an FIR aginst them with local police in writing if the said cops do not take cognizance of the same then you can issue legal notice aginst them. Thereafter you can initiate criminal as well as civil action against the concerned person.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansSir, You can file complaint to police directly but if they don't take action you can issue a legal notice and further you can file criminal private complaint for defamation as well as civil defamation and also can claim damages.

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune