quesCan someone file false complaint against me to harass me?

Sir, Suppose somebody makes a complain against me as regards anything like property dispute, emenity, threat, etc just to harass me to the police and the police comes looking for me, in this situation how to protect myself.One of my relative is known to the local police and treathens to harass me due to some ill feeling. My question is how to tackle the police if it comes calling?

• ansSir basically there are 2 types of cases:
    1. Cognizable - in such cases police can arrest a person without warrant.
    2. Non-cognizable - in such cases police cannot make an arrest unless they have a warrant for the same.

If you think one of your relative is going to file a false complaint against you just to harass you, 
    we would suggest you that you should make a written complaint to the police that such person will make a false complaint against me to harass me.

Another option available to you is that you can file an application for anticipatory bail.