Can someone file false complaint against me to harass me?
Sir, Suppose somebody makes a complain against me as regards anything like property dispute, emenity, threat, etc just to harass me to the police and the police comes looking for me, in this situation how to protect myself.One of my relative is known to the local police and treathens to harass me due to some ill feeling. My question is how to tackle the police if it comes calling?
Sir basically there are 2 types of cases:
1. Cognizable - in such cases police can arrest a person without warrant.
2. Non-cognizable - in such cases police cannot make an arrest unless they have a warrant for the same.
If you think one of your relative is going to file a false complaint against you just to harass you,
we would suggest you that you should make a written complaint to the police that such person will make a false complaint against me to harass me.
Another option available to you is that you can file an application for anticipatory bail.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Encumbrance Certificate for bulding under construction
- Society member complained to police for cutting their water supply
- Tenant died brother using shop how can i vacate him
- Landlord not signing rent agreement even after the full payment advise
- Migration of NIT Srinagar students