quesCan someone file false complaint against me to harass me?

Sir, Suppose somebody makes a complain against me as regards anything like property dispute, emenity, threat, etc just to harass me to the police and the police comes looking for me, in this situation how to protect myself.One of my relative is known to the local police and treathens to harass me due to some ill feeling. My question is how to tackle the police if it comes calling?

  • ans

    Sir basically there are 2 types of cases:
    1. Cognizable - in such cases police can arrest a person without warrant.
    2. Non-cognizable - in such cases police cannot make an arrest unless they have a warrant for the same.

    If you think one of your relative is going to file a false complaint against you just to harass you, 
    we would suggest you that you should make a written complaint to the police that such person will make a false complaint against me to harass me.

    Another option available to you is that you can file an application for anticipatory bail.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi team, I would like to know if there is any fir against me or…
My bike and mobile phone were stolen from me but were later recovered by police…
 I was arrested on false 354a case and now i am moving to High Court…
Can one member get bail out of four in ipc section 353?

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

View all >>