can defamation suit be filed after proven innocent
A person was involved in a criminal case but later nothing found true and got exonerated. Will highlighting this in public amounts to defamation to that person and can that he sue the one who made such statement.
Was the issue was highlighted in public prior or subsequent to the accused being exonerated by the court? If, yes it was highlighted subsequent to the verdict of the court then he can certainly file for defamation.
Whether the mere fact that he stood exonerated by the court would entitle him to bring an action for defamation depends on the facts of the case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband is cheating on me what are my rights and procedure for divorce
- Judge ordered to file FIR against culprits of Cock fight supporters
- Minor scuffle between 2 parties college issued show cause notice
- Can company deduct tax from my salary, even if i already paid the tax?
- Is it defamation if institute name is used by private individual?