can defamation suit be filed after proven innocent
A person was involved in a criminal case but later nothing found true and got exonerated. Will highlighting this in public amounts to defamation to that person and can that he sue the one who made such statement.
Was the issue was highlighted in public prior or subsequent to the accused being exonerated by the court? If, yes it was highlighted subsequent to the verdict of the court then he can certainly file for defamation.
Whether the mere fact that he stood exonerated by the court would entitle him to bring an action for defamation depends on the facts of the case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Father wants to sale the flat but I want to stay can I object ?
- My wife beats me a lot. What action can i take against her?
- How do I claim title of share in Shamlat land?
- can foreigners be prosecuted in India for abusing our Country and ppl?
- Case u/s 353 and 316 of IPC has been filed against me What can I do