quesBank was negligent and did not debit money in bank account

Bank saying that in 2011, I issued a Cheque any third party that Cheque not debited in my account and bank given credit to third party of Rs. 120000/- on dated 22/07/2011. But I checked our bank statement bank has debited to us against this Cheque Rs. 200/- for Non-sufficient fund on dated 21/07/2011. And my balance was 5000/- only This mistake done by bank in July 2011 and already I closed the account in May 2014. After 5 year bank find out this mistake in reconciliation. After 5 year I don’t remember that in that period what I had done, I given Cheque to whom or after bounced the Cheque how deal with party. Now what should I do. Please Suggest

  • ansHi 5 years is a big period to file a case against you but you can't stop anyone from filing case against you even it is false case. If bank file case in court, you have to go before respective court and defend yourself.

  • ansI believe a host of info you have shared is neither not possible to understand or does not make sense. Kindly look for a mail i'd be sending you in sometime and let's take it from there. so we get to a closure.

  • ansI personally feel you should go for consumer court where you do not need LAWYER too if you want you can use it but there is no rule that u must use lawyer go there and fill up the form if court is satisfy with your claim
    Court will not only give you money back but also composite

    Advocate Avinash Jain

      Santacruz West, Mumbai

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Free Legal Advice - Criminal

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Richaa Kapoor

  Delhi High Court
 Experience: 25 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly