quesFlight prepone - Compensation promised but denied - 3 delays.

Jet airways changed my direct flight from Delhi to Ahm to Delhi-Mum-Ahm and preponed by 4 hours. Promised compensation on call, but denied at airport. Rude behaviour and no responsibility taken by staff. New flight got delayed by more than an hour. Connecting flight missed. Another flight given also got delayed by more than 1-1/2 hours. Entire day got wasted, a lot of harassment, and ill-treatment at airport by ground staff. I have raised a complaint over mail, but need to know what actions can I take legally against airlines.

• ansin the present circumstances it is default in service from the part of service provider
    the consumer/customer is entitled for the compensation for the loss as well as harassment faced by him during the journey. i advice you to consumer complaint in consumer forum of area jurisdiction for compensation and damages.

Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

• ansYou can file a consumer case but will barely get any compensation. My recommendation is to take it up with Jet Airways and not get involved with a long drawn legal battle with them in court.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi

• ansKindly proceed with serving them a legal notice followed by a consumer complaint.

You can also complain through email to dgca but they will not resolve your grievance. The best remedy is consumer complaint

Advocate Sonia Saini