Having shared joint account. Cheque bounced. Partner not wiling to pay
I have a joint saving bank account, we both joint account holders issued a cheque, because of insufficient funds the cheque dishonored, so the receiver is taking legal action against both of us, but i am ready to pay the half amount, but my partner joint account holder not ready to pay his half, so what is the legal solution, please advice
When you both issued the cheque then you both are liable to make payment. Your query is silent on the fact whether it is a personal joint account or business?
In case of personal account, then you can move an application before the court through a lawyer and submit that you are ready to pay the half cheque amount.
In case of business , you both are liable to pay said amount and depending on the nature of company whether it is patnership or private limited, we will be able to advise you better. So please provide following facts:
1. Whether it is personal bank account or buiness?
2. If buisness , your company is PVT , sole propritorship
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I avoid my husband from taking my property? He is not earning.
- Landlord wants property back after 35 years does tenant have any right
- Can CBI arrest on anonymous complaint made
- How to know whether there is any stay order from court on property
- Can a Pattayam be set aside in a court of law after 39 years.