quesHaving shared joint account. Cheque bounced. Partner not wiling to pay

I have a joint saving bank account, we both joint account holders issued a cheque, because of insufficient funds the cheque dishonored, so the receiver is taking legal action against both of us, but i am ready to pay the half amount, but my partner joint account holder not ready to pay his half, so what is the legal solution, please advice

  • ans

    When you both issued the cheque then you both are liable to make payment.  Your query is silent on the fact whether it is a personal joint account or business?

    In case of personal account, then you can move an application before the court through a lawyer and submit that you are ready to pay the half cheque amount.

    In case of business , you both are liable to pay said amount and depending on the nature of company whether it is patnership or private limited, we will be able to advise you better. So please provide following facts:

    1. Whether it is personal bank account or buiness?

    2. If buisness , your company is PVT , sole propritorship


  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Please suggest me, There is one service provider company which need to pay me back…
I had incorporated a company on March 4th with my co founder. Both of us…
Dear Sir, I want to file a cheque bounce case. Please find below details. 1.…
Can be apply sec.5 limitation act. In 138 NI act.

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly