×

quesHaving shared joint account. Cheque bounced. Partner not wiling to pay

I have a joint saving bank account, we both joint account holders issued a cheque, because of insufficient funds the cheque dishonored, so the receiver is taking legal action against both of us, but i am ready to pay the half amount, but my partner joint account holder not ready to pay his half, so what is the legal solution, please advice

When you both issued the cheque then you both are liable to make payment.  Your query is silent on the fact whether it is a personal joint account or business?

In case of personal account, then you can move an application before the court through a lawyer and submit that you are ready to pay the half cheque amount.

In case of business , you both are liable to pay said amount and depending on the nature of company whether it is patnership or private limited, we will be able to advise you better. So please provide following facts:

1. Whether it is personal bank account or buiness?

2. If buisness , your company is PVT , sole propritorship

• Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only