Friend forged my sign on cheque and bank cleared it. Is bank liable?
Bank cleared a forged cheque. Can i hold bank responsible? Friend took blank cheque and forged my sign and bank cleared it.
The following legal recourse are available to you :
1. File a criminal complaint against the friend under section 420 of IPC that deals with cheating and under section 406 that deals with Criminal breach of trust.
2. You can file a complaint in the Consumer forum against the bank.
3. Your can also complain to the Banking Ombudsman appointed by the Government for any grievance from the bank.
Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Staying in property for 12 year can we claim adverse possession
- My brother is very abusive demands for money how to stop him?
- Termination without specifying any reason and prior notice
- Can i use different name in vakalatnama than my ID name?
- High court denied bail. When can we apply for bail in Supreme Court?