quesFriend forged my sign on cheque and bank cleared it. Is bank liable?

Bank cleared a forged cheque. Can i hold bank responsible? Friend took blank cheque and forged my sign and bank cleared it.

The following legal recourse are available to you :

1. File a criminal complaint against the friend under section 420 of IPC that deals with cheating and under section 406 that deals with Criminal breach of trust.

2. You can file a complaint in the Consumer forum against the bank.
    3. Your can also complain to the Banking Ombudsman appointed by the Government for any grievance from the bank.