Friend forged my sign on cheque and bank cleared it. Is bank liable?

Bank cleared a forged cheque. Can i hold bank responsible? Friend took blank cheque and forged my sign and bank cleared it.

The following legal recourse are available to you :

1. File a criminal complaint against the friend under section 420 of IPC that deals with cheating and under section 406 that deals with Criminal breach of trust.

2. You can file a complaint in the Consumer forum against the bank.

3. Your can also complain to the Banking Ombudsman appointed by the Government for any grievance from the bank. 

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari