×

quesamendment of pleadings in arbitration case

in an arbitration proceeding can i amend my pleadings and at what stage i can amend it?

Generally speaking, you can amend but it will depend upon what rules your arbitration is governed by. Is it under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 or an institutional arbitration under, for example, ICC, ICA, AAA, SIAC, LCIA, etc.? My recommendation would be to engage a counsel and have him review the specific regulations which govern your arbitration.

• ansGenerally speaking, you can amend but it will depend upon what rules your arbitration is governed by. Is it under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 or an institutional arbitration under, for example, ICC, ICA, AAA, SIAC, LCIA, etc.? My recommendation would be to engage a counsel and have him review the specific regulations which govern your arbitration.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi