Procedure to make will favoring children born out of live-in not wife

I am a Hindu. My Wife(no issue) has deserted me since 18 yrs.Presently contesting CrPC 125 suit.I am preparing a will favoring my children born out of a live -In;disowning the wife from my self acquired movable/immovable property.Can I do so? If yes, in what way? Kindly guide.

Answers (5)

157 votes

You need to get a proper divorce before marrying another woman.
The property which you wish to transfer to your children, cannot be transferred because your children are not legally in existence and therefore are not legal heirs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

Definitely you can do this. You can made will of your self acquired property as per your desire. Your wife can not take objection. Your will come into force when will die. Therefore it is important to take signature of two person who will support the beneficiary of will . Till death you will be owner. You also can think to gift property to such child. You may approach to any advocate and prepared draft of will. Registration of will is optional but it is better to register before sub registrar office.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
147 votes

Yes, You can make the will and for drafting will you can contact me.
Yes, You can make the will and for drafting will you can contact me.
Yes, You can make the will and for drafting will you can contact me.

147 votes

yes you can prepare a will in the favour of your child under Hindu succession Act your son is your successor in your property. even though you are contesting CrPC 125 suit your son is liable for share. please contact for further information

258 votes

Hello sir, you can file a divorce against your wife on grounds of desertion. You can make a will only of your self acquired property in favour of ur children. Get a proper will drafted from a lawyer. However it is important to understand your case completely before any further advice can be given. Thank you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."