My salary is 20k per month do I have to pay income Tax

I need help and advice from you regarding the income tax. am working from last 3 years. Till now i dint paid tax, because of low salary limit. i.e 15k per month without any deduction except professional tax 200 rupees. From last 2015 May my salary got increased from 15K to 20K monthly and 20% of 20K as bonus every quarterly. Now I need to pay tax. I dont know any thing about this income tax as i told am new to this. Please guide and help me how to pay the tax, what are the needs to pay tax from me or from my employer, when to pay.


You can go to the Government website and make payment. The link for the website is
Select Challan 280 for paying your Income Tax Due.
Choose Assessment Year option correctly.
You will be redirected to the Net banking page.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rovena David
Vimanapura, Bangalore
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I (Adult Male) had purchased a house co-owned with my Mother 16 yrs back. Mother is a housewife and never filed Tax return but having PAN. I intend to…

Read More

My problem is negative sign in ITR online submission of the same along with misclassification of RPF refund as other income by CPC Bangalore as is cor…

Read More

is one time settlement amount ( lumsum) is taxable for wife in divorce by mutual consent…

Read More

Sir/Madam, Is interest is chargable on bond amount of service bond agreement of a psu? The bond agreement which we signed at the time of joining says …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue