Employer deducted TDS without giving form 16 and tax deposition

Hi My employer has deducted the TDS, neither he issued me form 16 nor he deposited the tax to govt. Is it my liability to deposit the tax which the employer has already deducted

Answers (1)

310 votes

This is not your responsibility. If he deduct this financial year 2017-18,Please wait on May 15, maybe employer will deposit your tax in current Qtr 01 Jan to 31st March. Because last Qtr tds return will deposit on 15th may.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir we are a starup of travel business. We tie up hotels and sell to corporate employees. We tied up hotel for a rent of below 1000 so no gst is …

Read More

Hello, We had a private limited company which we have now closed under the FTE mode of the ministry of corporate affairs. There was absolutely no bus…

Read More

I live with my wife in Bangalore in a rented house with an attached garage. My wife, a BDS wants to run a Dental Clinic in the garage. The owner does …

Read More

I have an NRI status and have made some investments in india also earning income from it. Kindly advice if I have to pay tax…

Read More