Legal notice for claiming pension benefits of it's heirs

In Succession Certificate Law
Sir today I got a legal notice from unknown person saying that he is also son of my late father... He sent a copy of notice to my father's office and claimed rights over my father pension and other entitlements.. Its notice by advocate not by Court... On that basis, can my father's office stop my mother's pension and other benefits until he proves his heirship. He has no documents.... Request clarify on the matter... Thank you

Answers (2)

328 votes
sir madam , whenever someone claim son of your late father den he have to prove this with document . more over your mother is legitimate legal hair to get the pension after your father's death . and if your mother death then other legal hair should have right to claim the pension . henceforth father any guidance if you required in connection with this issue please contact with me . and also shows show me the copy of notice which is said by that person for verification .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


51 votes
under these circumstances it is always beneficial to give a strong reply to such notices as the issue would be taken up before the court at one point or the other. so also, the office cannot stop the pension till there is any order from a competent court directimg them to do so.

Popular Succession Certificate Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Succession Certificate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."