Can I get salary information of a govt employee through RTI

In R.T.I Law
I would like to file RTI to get following information of a government employee (central government employee): 1. Salary slips including all the allowances details like HA, RA etc 2. Assets or properties declared 3. History of official trips made by the employee on department's name I would like to confirm whether the above three can be procured as per the RTI. I would primarily like to know the sections of the act under which such provisions exists so that I can cite them in the document/form. Any advice in order to prevent rejections/delay would be appreciated.

Answers (1)

230 votes
The information being sought by you is regarding a third party therefore his consent is required before this information can be disclosed under RTI. Also you will have to show that the information being sought by you is in Public interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."