Summary Suit after cheque Bouncing Case

I had an filed cheque bouncing case (138 NI Act) against one individual & he has been convicted in the case but he filed appeal against the judgement. Now i want file Summary Suit against him. in the cheque bouncing case I had 1) promissory note signed & executed by him 2) Confirmation of Loan & undertaking signed & executed by him 3) Bounced cheque ( cheque bounced 2 years ago) My question is whether I can file Summary Suit against him based on above? What are my chances of winning the suit given the fact that the judge mentioned in judgement that there was legally enforceable debt on the accused?

Answers (2)

324 votes

you may most certainly file a case of recovery for the said amount along with interest. however the entirety of admission depends on the pleadings of the plaintiff. courts generally do not entertain cases with identical or similar pleadings. feel free to call me to discuss your case at length.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

89 votes

as long as there is a legally enforceable debt, your chances are substantially high, further as long as the debts owed to you are more than Rs. 3 lakhs, your case will be a commercial suit and not a summary suit, which would entail you to have a 3 month mediation settlement

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles