Electricity board is charging unreasonable dues

I HAD PURCHASED HOUSE 4 YEARS BACK AND CONTINUOUSLY RESIDING WITH MY FAMILY AS I GOT JOB AND DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES I BRING MY FAMILY TOO WITH ME AND LOCKED THE APARTMENT. WHENEVER I VISIT AGRA I GO TO THE ELECTRICITY DEPARTMENT AND DEPOSIT ALL THE DUES. BUT FROM LAST 5 MONTHS WE ARE UNABLE TO VISIT AGRA AND SO TO DEPOSIT THE BILL TOO. I TODAY SUDDENLY FEW PEOPLE FROM ELECTRICITY DEPARTMENT CAME AND DISCONNECT OUR ELECTRICITY AND WROTE ON OUR WALL ABOUT 100000 INR DUES ON THE NAME OF PREVIOUS OWNER. PLEASE ADVICE DOES WE HAVE TO PAY THE BILL OR WE FILE ANY COMPLIANT AGAINST IT AS WE ONLY HAD 5000 INR APPRX DUE ON OUR CONNECTION.

In four case it appears that u had an apartment... Therefore you might be covered under the tarrif order of 2016-17 which clearly states that bill only be paid for actual consumption. However, this tarrif order does not operate retrospevely meaning thereby that since u had purchased the flat in 2013-14 you might not get benefit of the said tarrif order. An accurate solution to your problem can be given after complete perusal of records.

I will never suggest you to pay the aforesaid amount, they evaluated the amount on the basis of your arrears as well as they have levied surcharge on that amount due to which the amount is just double. So take the assistance and make correction of your bill by filing a case against UPPCL.

First of all kindly clear your electricity bill and contact your previous owner for this matter, also ask from the electricity department on what reason they issue new connection if the previous dues was not clear.
You can file a consumer consumer complain or complain in electricity forum.