Did some work for a client who is not giving back the money

I am a Businessman, and I have done the work for one of my client who is from Gurgaon and this is 6 month till now. He is not giving the money. As a result today, me and my friend went to ask for the money, then he has not given the money and instead of giving the money he called 4 Local Bouncers and tried to fight. But at that we told them we don't want the money. If you want to give the money, give us or not then don't give. After this he has given us Rs. 50,000/- and our Rs. 1,00,000/- is still under him. What should I do to recover those money.

In my opinion you must at once send him a legal notice by registered post to pay back the money... I can draft the same if you need... After one month's waiting period you can proceed to file a recovery suit or lodge an F. I. R. U/s 417,506 i.p.c.

It is best to send legal Notice demanding the amount to be recovered and if there is no reply then You have to present your case by filing plaint seeking recovery of money from a particular person by stating the exact money in the plaint under Order 7 Rule 2 or order 37 of Civil Procedure Code, 1908. You have to file your plaint by paying appropriate court fees as mentioned in the Court Fees Act of respective state. The limitation for filing suit for recovery of money is 3 years under the Limitation Act, 1963 from the date of the transaction and it further extends if he gives a communication on a particular date regarding that he owes you money.

You may send him a legal notice demanding payment of 100000 rs within 15 days or you may initiate proceedings under the insolvency and bankruptcy code 2016 by sending legal notice under the code. Recourse may be taken to either of the option. Proceedings under the insolvency code are much faster just for information