Did some work for a client who is not giving back the money

I am a Businessman, and I have done the work for one of my client who is from Gurgaon and this is 6 month till now. He is not giving the money. As a result today, me and my friend went to ask for the money, then he has not given the money and instead of giving the money he called 4 Local Bouncers and tried to fight. But at that we told them we don't want the money. If you want to give the money, give us or not then don't give. After this he has given us Rs. 50,000/- and our Rs. 1,00,000/- is still under him. What should I do to recover those money.

Answers (3)

54 votes

In my opinion you must at once send him a legal notice by registered post to pay back the money... I can draft the same if you need... After one month's waiting period you can proceed to file a recovery suit or lodge an F. I. R. U/s 417,506 i.p.c.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

211 votes

It is best to send legal Notice demanding the amount to be recovered and if there is no reply then You have to present your case by filing plaint seeking recovery of money from a particular person by stating the exact money in the plaint under Order 7 Rule 2 or order 37 of Civil Procedure Code, 1908. You have to file your plaint by paying appropriate court fees as mentioned in the Court Fees Act of respective state. The limitation for filing suit for recovery of money is 3 years under the Limitation Act, 1963 from the date of the transaction and it further extends if he gives a communication on a particular date regarding that he owes you money.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
275 votes

You may send him a legal notice demanding payment of 100000 rs within 15 days or you may initiate proceedings under the insolvency and bankruptcy code 2016 by sending legal notice under the code. Recourse may be taken to either of the option. Proceedings under the insolvency code are much faster just for information

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My case is , one of my colleague and a friend took 50000 rupees from and he told me he will return back in 3 or 4 slot . And I transferred that amount…

Read More

I am an MBA student. 1st October 2015, my law subject professor on WhatsApp said his brother is critical, and asked for help of Rs.4,000 and will retu…

Read More

I ordered a 1000 t-shirts with prints from a supplier in India and they have been delivered in a very poor state. Most of the dark t-shirts have ironi…

Read More

I had booked a flat from builder but due to his illegal construction his building was demolished. I had paid him Rs.3 Lacs as booking amount. I filed …

Read More