×

Clarification on recovery of loan given to friend without any proof

One of my friend had given 400000/- rs. To his friend without making an agreement or any document proof since more than 4 years back but till date he has not pay any single amount from the principal amount but every time he replied on whatsapp that he will pay all the debt very soon. So please guide me now what to do in such cases where the debtor message through whatsapp and acknowledged of all the debt, will it be come under s.18 of limitation act

You have to save all messages and take screenshot where should be mention about 400000/- figure and file civil case against

him for recovery including all legal expenses.

that in the case wherein you have given Rs.4,00,000/- without any documentary evidence, in that case it is required to know whether the same is loaned through cash or through cheque. If cheque is issued then the same can be documentary evidence. In case of cash firstly it is advised to issue legal notice through advocate and thereafter, period of 21 days recovery suit is to be filed before teh appropriate court. Further details are required for assistance.