Want to extend house with no blueprints or plans

I have a very old house that belongs to my grandfather. They want me to extend it, however when I looked into the documents, there was no plan of the house or any blueprints since it is really old but is definitely strong. Now the only document that exists is a WILL wherein my maternal grandfather's mom has divided the property between the 3 sons and my grandfather built the house in his share of property.

Now if i need to extend it and make another floor. Can you advise me as to is it possible to get the plans sanctioned by the municipality now. We have paid house tax all this while and it is up to date. Moreover, is there a way to find out if the base is strong enough?

Answers (1)

339 votes
You need a structural engineer certificate as to whether the foundations can with stand another floor. For constructing an additional floor, the plans have to be sanctioned by the local municipal corporation.

Has the property being mutated as per the WILL of your great grand mother. If so, your grandfather has to apply for a permission to construct additional floors.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles