Uncle forcibly claimed authority over grandmother's property

My grandmother owned a estate of 120 acres but after her death my uncle forcibly took control of the estate without consent of his other brothers, so can I file a case in court for equal division of estate among the heirs as there is no written will of my grandmother specifying the details of inheritance

Answers (1)

144 votes

of course , all children are entitled and are class 1 legal heirs in case of mothers properties . You can file suit for partition and possession . But remember do claim all your share as any claim left can not be sought again as order 2 rule 2 cpc barred it. Send more detail to calculate your share .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles