Transfer of property from grandmother without a will

Hi. I need a Suggestion. We have a small 1 Floor in which is in the name of my grandmother. she is not well right now and she doesn't have any will. we want our floor by my name what we can do can we make power of attorney or which documents require for POA. Please suggest we don't want to lose our house because our relatives are not good so please give us a suggestion.

If there is no Will made your grandmother, then in case she agrees to give you the property she can make a gift deed in your favour and only then no one will question the ownership of the property. Please note that the POA can be revoked anytime so that wont be in your favour.

You can simply get a General Power of Attorne executed in your favour which she is required to sign.

You can also ask her to write a will which you can get registered and shall act a legal document in order to avoid any dispute in the future

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi

In the absence of a Will, the property automatically passes on to the legal heirs, as per law. If you want the property in your name, I would suggest either of the following:
1. Ask your grandmother to make a Will in your favour and have it registered in her absence, citing medical grounds. You will need a doctor's certificate and a competent local lawyer for this.
2. Ask your grandmother to execute a gift deed in your favour and have it registered in her absence, citing medical grounds. You will again need a doctor's certificate and a competent local lawyer for this.

Hi, i would suggest you to get the property transferred through Gift Deed and thereafter, get it registered. It is always advisable to get the documents registered to avoid any future legal trouble. For more information, feel free to have a word with me. All the best.

Power of attorney is not valid When the person who gave you a POA is not alive .So in this situation you have Two options either make a will in your favour or Make a gift deed in your favour from the Owner of the Property.