Stepson claim for house living in for 25 years, how to transfer

My mother is second wife and me and my mom are not in contact with my father for over 10 years but now due to some circumstances the house that we live in for over 25 years which is in my fathers name has some issues. So after 15 years I met my father to transfer the house in my name and to sign for a gift deed but he is not ready stating he cant show any relation. So what Can I do ???

Answers (1)

156 votes

Does ur father have another kids from his first wife also if not then also if the relation is not proved nothing can be done also living 7+ Years without knowing each other is considered as separate
1) on father demise intestate you would have share in his self acquired properties
2) you cannot claim father self acquired properties during his lifetime
3) you should not file any suit for partition and claim any share in father self acquired properties as chances of success are bleak
4)Self acquired property of your father is concerned he can dispose of the property according to his wills and fancy and you have no right to claim that property, provided if your father died interstate then only you are entitled for share in the self acquired property.
5) As far as ancestral property is concerned you have share in the property you can claim it any time during the life time of your father or after his death also.
6) From the latest Supreme Court Judgement you are also entitled for share in the Joint family property.
7) The self acquired and ancestral property of your father will devolve on his widow and children from first and second wife. The right of daughter to succeed to her father's share in the ancestral property is subject to the date of demise of father.
8) You are free to file a suit for partition to cull out your share in the ancestral properties if they are ancestral for you. A property that may be ancestral for your father may not necessarily be ancestral for you.

Shashank Choudhary

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles